We are thankful for all of the volunteers who have helped since we first began in 2006. When I think of the 80 tons of organically grown vegetables harvested, 70 apprentices and interns trained, and all of the work that has gone into these last twelve growing seasons, it makes me happy … (in a tired sort of way.)
With spring here, we are entering yet another growing season, but this one is slightly different than the ones before. Along with the growing we are doing in the fields and greenhouse, we are also growing community. We have always been surrounded by caring people, and many of you have given, volunteered, or participated in our community events, and we don’t take that for granted. We could never have made it to this point if it were not for you.We are thankful to all of the volunteers that are making it possible to continue to make progress and move forward.
- Our blackberry patch is cleaned up and pruned back; ready for another growing season.
- The beds in our greenhouse are producing the first kale and radishes of the season.
- Brush near the creek area has been cleared.
- The garage area has been cleared out, making way for our new and improved farm store.
- The cabins have been cleaned and updated with donated commercial carpet.
What can you do to help make a difference?
- You can watch, share, and vote for our Super Service Challenge video. With your help, we have an opportunity to raise money for Victory Acres.
- You can partner with us by volunteering. Contact us for details. By the way, that doesn’t just mean pulling weeds or feeding chickens. We can use your help for an hour, a day, or more!
- You can support by enjoying our delicious farm food. All of the proceeds of our farm store directly support our mission and vision. While we are redesigning the farm store, we still have eggs from our pastured poultry available in the garage refrigerators.)
- Share our story with others via social media. Help us spread the word.
- Invite us to your gathering. We are available to speak to your church, business or civic organization, and we need you to help us to make those connections.
- You can always send your tax-deductible donation to: Victory Acres, 5311 S 800 E, Upland, IN 46989.
A community of people that care – that is what Victory Acres is becoming. While we have a long way to go, we are slowly building towards that future. Thank you for joining us on that journey.
Victory Acres Farm
5311 S 800 E
Upland, IN 46989